Student Health

Student Health


Looking after your health is important when you leave home, and start to live independently as a student. Doing this not only benefits yourself, but can also have an impact on your fellow students in the University community. 

Registering with a GP

Registering with a GP

The first step to looking after your health when you get to University is to register with a local GP. The GP can make sure that you have the correct immunisations and tests to keep you safe and well, now you have joined the large student community.

The University Health Centre
Singleton Park
Ground floor,Penmaen
Telephone: +44 (0) 1792 295321

The University Health Centre is an NHS General Medical Practice, based on the University campus. They provide friendly, comprehensive medical services, focusing on the needs of students. Services include advice on contraception, pregnancy, sexual health, HIV / AIDS, sports medicine, and a travel clinic, as well as emotional health.
The surgery is open throughout the year Monday to Friday (except Bank Holidays)
8.30am - 12.30pm and 1.30pm - 6pm (5.30pm closure during the vacation, although a GP is on call until 6.30pm)

SA1 Medical Centre
Beacon Centre for Health
Telephone: (01792) 481444

All Swansea University students can register with the University Health Centre. Some students on the Bay Campus may find it more convenient to register with the nearest GP practice in the SA1 Medical Centre.
Telephone Enquiries: Monday - Friday 8:00 am till 11 am.
Surgery Opening Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30 am till 6:00 pm

Why register with a GP at University

Registering with a GP practice means that if you do feel unwell or experience any mental, physical or sexual health issues while you are a student, you will be able to access support to help you to feel better. A GP can also provide you with medical documents explaining your illness or condition, should you need any supporting evidence for extenuating circumstances, exam deferrals, or absence during your studies. 

Meningitis & TB

Due to the large number of new students living close together during Fresher’s week and beyond, there can be an increased risk for students to catch and spread Meningitis and TB. This is why it is essential that all students register with a GP, to ensure that they are vaccinated against Meningitis, and are screened for TB.

Sexual Health

Looking after your sexual health as a student means thinking about contraception, getting regular check-ups, which include testing for common Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs), and learning how to be a considerate and responsible sexual partner.

Not feeling well?

If your illness will affect your attendance, please, make sure that you notify your college so that they can note your absence. You should also contact your Academic Mentor to let them know, they may be able to notify your college administrators for you. Please be aware that you may be asked to provide medical documents about your illness. These can usually be obtained from your Swansea GP.

Close dashboard

Your user name is the first part of your Swansea University e-mail address before the @ symbol.

If your email address is then your user name is 123456. Use your normal University password.

If you have problems logging in using your username and password then please contact IT Support, telephone:(01792 29) 5060.

You can change your password at My Password

Accessible Version