We provide one to one appointments for students in which we can offer advice on aspects of your academic work. We are now also offering appointments via Skype as well. All appointments last half an hour and are booked through our appointment booking site.
Students who get the most from these appointments tend to have questions in mind, or specific areas of their work for which they would like feedback.
What should I bring to my appointment?
- Your assignment question (and guidelines if appropriate).
- A printed copy of the assignment draft or part of the assignment you would like to look at.
- A list of any questions you would like to ask about you work.
- Any relevant feedback from your course tutor.
ASP tutors WILL:
- Read PART of your assignment and make suggestions regarding structure, grammar, and academic writing style.
- Help you to understand the requirements of the assignment.
- Advise you on appropriate use of research materials.
ASP tutors WILL NOT:
- Rewrite any portions of your assignment.
- Proofread your work.
- Comment on the content of your work (you should see your course tutor about issues related to your subject).
- See students for more than 1 half an hour appointment a week.
Please note: it is the student's responsibility to ensure they follow their course guidelines, and the regulations and policies of the University