Profiling for Success
Reasoning skills tests and personal development package
Swansea Employability Academy provides a range of online assessments under licence from Team Focus Ltd which covers the areas of personality, capability, motivation and relationships. We provide these to:
- help you develop your self-awareness, consider how you may like to develop
- help you communicate your strengths to an employer / opportunity provider
- provide an opportunity to practice tests used by some employers.
You can take as many of the questionnaires as you would like to. You will be sent a report for each one you complete to reflect on, considering which of the comments you agree with, where your opinion differs and actions you can take as a result of this process. If you would like to discuss your results with a Careers Adviser, please email email@example.com.
The following questionnaires are part of the Know Yourself Module of the SEA Award:
- Learning styles assessment: Understand your learning style and how you can become a more effective learner.
- Personality Type Dynamics Indicator: Explore your personality preferences and how they relate to the world of work.
- Aptitude Tests: verbal, numerical and abstract reasoning.
- Values Based indicator of Motivation: Values are the key to understanding people's energy and motivation. Explore people's values and you can unlock the "What, where, when and why" of their actions.
- Careers Interest Inventory: Understand more about your interests and consider job suggestions.
The following questionnaires are also available but are not currently part of the Know Yourself Module of the SEA Award:
- Resilience: Assess your typical attitudes, beliefs and behaviours in relation to the challenging or difficult events which are part of everyday life. We strongly recommend that you talk through the results of this questionnaire and your feelings about your report with a trained and qualified Careers Adviser. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange to do this. If we have not heard from you, we will email you approximately one month after you have taken the questionnaire to remind you.
- Emotional Intelligence: Assess your ability to identify and manage your own emotions and the emotions of others.
The test site is at www.profilingforsuccess.com/take-an-assessment.php. It is password protected, and therefore students and graduates must access it in the following ways:
Log into MyUni and click here to access Profiling For Success resources directly.
Alternatively, you can log into Blackboard and then access Profiling For Success through the Interactive Career Planning course.
Graduates wishing to use the assessments should telephone our Helpdesk on 01792 513266.
Having logged into Profiling for Success, you will also need to enter some personal details and then select the assessment you want to take. You will receive your feedback reports by email. Each test is supposed to be completed at one go - it's part of the design. If you do not manage to complete a test at one sitting, then you will need to re-do it in order to receive a feedback report.
Please note that personal information is used only for generating your personalised report and for data monitoring purposes. All information is stored securely in accordance with the Data Protection Act.