The following sites provide guides to key aspects of the application process:
- Completing application forms
- Examples questions and answers in applications
- Job hunting blogs – individual case studies
- Planning and making applications
- Researching employers and application planning tips
- Tackling application forms and personal statements
- Making speculative applications
- Mitigating circumstances for job applications and how to disclose them
- Accepting job offers and handling rejections
Personal statements - resources:
- Imperial College London - Writing Personal Statements
- Kent University - How to write CV profiles, personal statements, career aims and objectives
- Kent University - Writing a Personal Statement for Postgraduate Study Applications
- Kent University - Example personal statements for teacher training applications
- City University London - Personal Statements for Postgraduate Study
How can I make my applications more effective?
You can develop you skills in completing applications by using these resources:-
Video: Application form success (Note: you will be prompted for your myuni login to view this video.)
Abintegro Careers Portal: Cover Letter Builder. (Note: You need to be logged into MyUni to access this link.)
How can I get help with my application form?
Once you have drafted application form you may feel that you would like some feedback on it prior to submitting it. In order to do this, please click here to book an appointment with a Careers Adviser.